Thursday, November 22, 2012

I Wanna Be Like You Skip, Do It Pargo



Happy Holidays.

J. Pargo’s Haiku
On holiday’s eve
He is better than Kyrie
At prepping stuffing.

A man deserves credit when credit is due.  He also deserves the right amount of credit, so I’m going to balance out the inevitable talk from Skip Bayless that Jeremy Pargo is a winner: a winner who doesn’t have talent like Kyrie but has intangibles and should start over our star guard.  I will just say that Mr. Pargo is better than Kyrie at making stuffing for turkey dinner.  It’s a festive statement. It gives him the right amount of credit.  I need one more game before I can pimp him like Skip will.

If Pargo can have another game like last night, I promise I will call him the real deal Holyfield.  For last night, he was a master chef.  I only caught the first quarter of the game, but he was playing very well as was the rest of the starting line up.  I think this game was a big wake up call for the whole team.

During the few minutes I saw, I saw lots of passing and general hustle.  A lot of times our team will pass the ball and stare at Kyrie while he tries to make a play.  Last night, they knew no one was going to take over and it would be a general team effort that one the game.  It worked.

Looking at the box score a few things stood out:

Alonzo Gee is becoming one of my favorite Cavs again.  He plays defense and has the potential to hit open threes, he was 4-6 last night.  Kyrie will get him even more open looks, and if he doesn’t brick them, the Cavs will get 9 extra points a night.

Jeremy Pargo will also be a nice little weapon for us to play small ball with.  If he is hitting the three like he did last night along with CJ Miles, Kyrie is going to have a few options to kick out the open shots to. 

I was right about Dion Waiter stepping up a little bit with Kyrie gone.  He scored 16 with six assists, which is just two points short of my prediction.  Hopefully, he gets more efficient soon because he is starting to take a Kobe esque number of shots without the same results.

Varejao as always was rebounding like crazy, and the seven offensive boards he got helped to stop the damage of 16 turnovers that somehow only led to 2 points. 

Jeremy Pargo is the Fuck Truck driver of the night.  He scored 28 and in the parts of the game I saw, he acted like a true chef carving up the Turkey asses of the 76ers.

On Saturday I hope Pargo turns me into a younger, drunker, black haired Skip Bayless.  If he gets this Fuck Truck award on Saturday, I, too, will anoint him and he becomes Cleveland’s Tebow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment