Monday, December 10, 2012

Apparently, I Like Hearing About The Crack Lifestyle

Check out Wu-Block's "Crack Spot Stories."



This song is why I still listen to hip hop.  A lot of newer rap music is all about the material objects and the glitzy life of money/large drug deals (unless it's being done by large man with a beard), but that isn’t interesting.  It’s interesting when it’s about what’s before the money.  In this case, the crack spot came before the money, and I have to say I might have enjoyed it too.  A beat that actually flows and has some background aura singing also came before money (there were no gunshots then either according to this song).

The song starts, “Martin is on.”  I’m not talking about a drug dealer named Martin, I’m talking about the TV show. The rappers all describe a house that’s pretty much a crap hole with hanger ons.  It sounds like home to me, except my home is littered with beer instead of crack vapors, or maybe beer will be complimenting crack on the right day in the future.  Who knows? 

A rapper tells someone to get “ginger ale and some Dutch masters” along with a phone for placing a take out order.  Is this college or a crack house I can’t tell?

Maybe when he says he can’t  do some housework because of a “turkey sandwich, barbeque chips, ESPN” he has hit on a universal fact. I don’t identify my house as a crack house, but I definitely like everything he’s talking about. 

Let’s just hope he is hitting on universal facts about Martin, food, Dutch masters, and ESPN being awesome, or half the country is in trouble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment